Woman shows how to dog-proof your stove after pooch accidentally turns on hob

Footage of a dog having knocked on the hob in her owner’s home is going viral, and it should serve as a warning to pet owners everywhere.

The woman explained that she came home to find the stove on after her pooch accidentally knocked the knobs.

In a follow-up video, a fellow dog owner has explained how she removed the stove knobs from her hob after having a similar experience.

According to the American Kennel Club, the kitchen is the number one place dogs accidentally start fires while left alone in the house.

In the initial video, the woman asks incredulously: “Is this seriously what I walk into?” before turning around to berate her dogs for going near the stove.

The video has been viewed more than two million times since being uploaded – and prompted lots of fellow owners to share their stories.

One woman showed her stove – where the knob controls have been removed – and explained that she had a similar experience.

Dogs tend to be frequent culprits simply because they are larger than other animals and capable of accidentally knocking the controls.

In 2018, a dog was caught on camera accidentally turning the stove on while trying to get pancakes, in terrifying footage shared by the Southwick Fire Department in Massachusetts.

The videos sparked a discussion on TikTok – with lots of owners agreeing that pet owners should take extra precautions to ensure that their dogs don’t spark a blaze accidentally.

One woman commented: “I keep mine in a bowl on the counter ever since one of my dogs knocked one over when I got him too excited, can’t be too careful.

If you need more tips on how to dog-proof your home to prevent any fires, check out the blog by the Kennel Club.

Written by